8/7/17

Christmas Penguins with Joy Clair Stamps

Hi everyone, Steph here today and I'm using an older stamp set from Joy Clair - Christmas Penguins.  These little guys are adorable and make for some fun Christmas cards.



Consisting of 10 different Penguin stamps, this is an adorable stamp set.  I selected two penguins I wanted to use then stamped them in black ink on white cardstock.  I added a touch of color to his beak as well as the Christmas ornaments and Christmas lights with Copic Markers.


The cards were created from green cardstock and cut 4 1/4" x 11".  As I wanted top folding cards, I scored the panel at 5 1/2".  Red cardstock was cut 4" x 5 1/4" and the pattern paper was cut a little bit smaller.  After inking the panels with red ink, I adhered the panels to the red cardstock.



Whisker Graphics twine was wrapped around each panel and the panels were added to the green card with foam adhesives.  After coloring the penguins, I used Spellbinders dies to die cut them.   I also inked the oval with red ink then matted the images with larger dies.  As I wanted the images to pop, I added them to the cards over the twine with foam adhesives.



Merry Christmas is from the Cozy Snowman Wishes stamp set.  I also stamped it in black ink on scraps of white cardstock.  After inking the sentiments, I matted them with red cardstock before adding to the cards with foam adhesives for dimension.

Aren't they adorable? I see lots of penguins in my Christmas cards this year.


Thanks for stopping by.

Steph













1 comment: