7/1/17

Masculine cards with Scor-Pal

Hi everyone.  It's challenge time at Scor-pal and this month is all about die cuts.

I created two different cards this month showcasing different background techniques.




My first card is a Happy Father's Day card.  I know Father's Day has passed, but you can easily substitute the Father's Day sentiment with a birthday sentiment.


I started with a 5" square of Rinea Foiled Paper in Glossy Saphire/Gold.  Placing in on the diagonal, I scored every 1/4".



I used Scor-Tape to adhere the panel to white cardstock.  Next I die cut Rinea Foiled Papers in Glossy Gold/Gold to create the gears which I added to the panel with a larger brad.  Using stamps from Joy Clair Stamps, I stamped Happy on white cardstock, die cut it, then added it to the card with a larger die cut oval.  I stamped Fathers Day and die cut it with a label die.  Then I added the panel to a kraft card with foam adhesives for dimension.



My next card is one that can be given for any occasion.



I started with a 4" panel of Rinea Foiled Paper in Glossy Silver/Silver and scored it every 1/2".


I rotated the panel and scored again every 1/2", creating a brick effect.



I tore Glossy Saphire/Gold Foiled Paper to create the waves.  Exposing the white paper layer provides the feeling of movement.  Then I die cut a sailboat from Glossy Gold/Gold Foiled Paper and added a flag from Glossy Saphire/Gold Foiled Paper.


For more dimension, I die cut the hull of the sailboat from Glossy Ruby/Gold Foiled Paper and adhered it with Beacon Adhesives.  Explore was stamped on white cardstock, then die cut, and added to a larger die cut.


What do you think?  I know masculine cards can be a little intimidating, but creating unique backgrounds makes for amazing cards.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Steph



No comments:

Post a Comment