5/16/16

TKE Centerpieces

Hi everyone, I've got a project to share today using etchall etching crème.  Etchall is so much fun to work with and the variety of projects you can create is endless.

My son recently asked me to create some centerpieces for his fraternity dinner.  I did this last year, but wanted to do something different this year.  I found some glass mugs that worked perfectly.

 
I began by die cutting the letters TKE from vinyl then wrapped the vinyl around the glasses. 
 
 
Using etchall® etching crème, I covered the letters.  To be sure I didn't get the etching crème on other areas of the glass, I placed painters tape on the exposed areas.

 
I used liberal amounts of etchall® etching crème and allowed it to sit for 15 minutes.

 
After 15 minutes I scraped off the etching crème and placed it back in the jar.  Since etchall® etching crème is reusable, there is no waste.  Rinse off the jars and remove the vinyl.


I filled the glasses with small stones to give the centerpieces some weight. 


I spritzed white tissue paper with ColorBox Spritzers in Fireberry and Pinkolicious.  Fanning out the tissue papers, I placed them in the jar and added the fraternity crest in the center.


I didn't see them at the fraternity dinner, but my son said everyone loved them and took them home.  That was a nice complement!
 
So what will you etch today?
 
Thanks for stopping by.
 
Steph
 



No comments:

Post a Comment