12/27/15

Winter's butterflies

Hey everybody, now the holidays are behind us, it's time to start thinking about the snow that is to come and the New Year.  It's still 60 degrees here in New York which is unbelievable. But we do know that we can't outrun the snow.

This lovely butterfly die from Wild Rose Studio.  It's truly delicate and oh so pretty.




I painted white cardstock with Earth Safe Finishes Plum Preserves.  Once dry, I die cut the delicate butterfly from the painted paper.  Then I stamped a sentiment from So Suzy stamps in black ink.



I created a card from black cardstock.  Next, I embossed a white panel with a snowflake embossing folder.  To highlight the snowflakes, I used my finger to add Plum Preserves to portions of the embossed design.  When dry (and it didn't take long), I matted the panel with purple cardstock and added the panel to the card.

 
I matted the sentiment with white and black cardstock and added it to the card with foam adhesives.  Next, I added some Robin's Nest Dew Drops about the card.


I love the butterfly.  Even though it is delicate, it die cut beautifully from the painted paper.
 
Thanks for stopping by today.
 
Steph
 

1 comment:

  1. This is GORGEOUS!!! Love that purple and you are quite lucky to have 60 degrees!!!! We have a whole whopping 5 degrees this morning!!!

    ReplyDelete