4/11/15

Little Rose Box

Hi everyone, I never realized that working with Makin's Clay could be so much fun.  I came across this little wood box and decided to see what I could create with it.



Begin by painting the box lightly with beige  paint
Age the box by inking the edges with ColorBox  Crafter's Ink in Stone 
Using ColorBox Crafter's Ink for Ann Butler in Berry, ink the Diamonds Background Basics Stamp and stamp lightly around the box - complete coverage is not necessary

 
I wanted to create a few different colors so I used the Makin's Clay Mixing Ruler
Add red clay into "F" and white clay into "E"
Mix the colors together

 

While I only used a little bit of white clay, you can still see the color change - Rose #2 is the original red rose.  Roses #1 and #3 are slightly lighter because of the addition of white clay.
 

 
 
Create leaves and a ribbon and allow all the pieces to dry at least 24 hours before adding them to the box.
 
 
Pearl Iridescents were rubbed into the roses for a shimmery effect.


 
I added some fun ribbon along the top edge of the box and added some pattern paper inside to finish.
 
 
I'm thinking this would be a great gift for the princess in your life.  What do you think?
 
Thanks for stopping by today.
 
Steph
 

No comments:

Post a Comment