9/4/14

Reach for the stars

Hi everyone, I've got a post on the Art Anthology blog today.   I love working with these paints.

I started with an inexpensive wood frame. You can find them in all shapes and sizes and with the holidays approaching, it's a great time to get started on your gifts.



I wanted the wood grain to show on the frame, so I lightly painted the frame with Portobello. I placed the Twilight Stencil on the left side and painted it with Lemon Tart and Tiger Eye. On the right side I used the Dottie Stencil with Mayan Gold.


Once the paint was dry, I used Colorations Sprays with the same stencils, but put them on the opposite sides for contrast.



For the insert, I used the  Dottie Stencil with Glorious Colorations.   Modeling Paste was used with the Take Flight Stencil.



I finished the insert by lightly painting the birds with Aloha Velvet, then added some Lemon Tart, Mayan Gold and Chocolate around the birds.


I typed the words and cut them into sections, spritzed them with Timeless Colorations using the Dot Matrix Stencil and then lightly painted the edges with Mayan Gold and Chocolate.  The words were added with foam adhesives for dimension.
 
 
 
 


For more dimension, I realigned the Timeless Stencil and used Champagne and Blizzard Dimensional Crystals randomly around the frame.

Steph

 

No comments:

Post a Comment