4/12/14

Enjoy the little things with ColorBox and Ann Butler

Hey everyone, I am in love with the new ColorBox Crafter's Ink.  They work on so many different surfaces from wood to acrylic to paper and more.  

I wanted to show you a fun way to use Ann Butler's Crafter's Ink from Clearsnap on two different surfaces - a canvas panel and a card.  These crafter's inks are very wet and come in an array of beautiful colors.


Using the same supplies, but different surfaces, this is what I came up with.

Canvas Panel                                                                   Card

 
 
I used the inks as watercolor paints by placing the inks on a craft mat and spritzing them with water creating a liquid consistency.   Then I used a paint brush to paint the colors on the canvas and the card.  I wanted to see how both surfaces would react using the same technique.




I painted Aquamarine on the top half of both pieces and Limelight on the bottom half, blending them in the center with a paint brush.

 

 
 
The sun from Unity stamps was stamped in the corner using ColorBox Kettle Dye Ink.  Using Ann Butler's quilt stamps from Unity stamps - 1" Leaves all Over,  I stamped the stripes in Kettle Dye Ink  along the bottom to mimic fence posts.  Once dry, I stamped the leaves with Limelight Ink over and around the fence.
 
 
 
 


 
The houses were colored with Copic Markers, fussy cut then added to both surfaces with foam adhesives.  The sun was inked with Sunshine Ink with an Art Dauber and a simple sentiment was stamped in ColorBox Kettle Dye Ink to finish off the canvas and card.

So, as you can see, these inks are wonderful on a variety of surfaces.  Why not give them a try today.


Thanks for stopping by today.

Steph

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Super cute. I love the way the colors work. Love what you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project Steph! It's nice to see how to use the inkpads in a different way. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that you showed the ink can be used on different surfaces, great project (s)!

    ReplyDelete