12/4/12

Christmas Wishes Gift Bag

It's a new challenge at Cornish Heritage Farms (CHF) and Frances has asked us to create a project using any of the awesome Thomas Kincade stamps in the store.  I elected to create a gift bag using the Friendship Cottage stamp.  This stamp is a little smaller than the other Thomas Kinkade stamps, but it's just as beautiful and very detailed.


I colored the Cottage with Copic Markers, then gently sponged Ranger Antique Linen around the edges of the stamped image and over the trees.  This provided a nice soft look to the background.  Once completed, I added Walnut Ink along the edges to give some depth to the image.  This was then matted on green and brown cardstock.




Using my Scor-pal, I created score lines along the top and bottom of the base piece before adding it to the gift bag.  This helped pull the focus on the image (plus added some visual interest to the gift bag).  Then I used stamps from the Night Before Christmas for the sentiment and also on the tag which I tied to the handles of the bag.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Supplies:
Cardstock:  Bazzill
Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink: Memento
Markers: Copic Markers

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful gift bag! You don't even have to put anything in it..it's gift enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph, I just love your coloring. What a fabulous bag this is!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Steph, who wouldn't love to receive this gift bag :)

    ReplyDelete