10/10/12

Spooky Banner


This is my posted project at Scrapbookpal today.

With Halloween just around the corner, it's not to early to start thinking about creating Halloween projects.  So pull out your supplies and create this Spooky Banner.  It's a perfect Halloween accent piece and can be created using any supplies on hand.  Grab some scraps and start creating.



Using the Sports Mania cartridge, I cut the banner pieces as follows using Blackout + Flag:
Bottom layer (Black cardstock) - 5 1/2"
Second layer (pattern paper) - 5"
Third layer (pattern paper) - 3 1/2"

Using the Happy Hauntings cartridge, I cut the Halloween icons at 3 1/2"
Witches Shoe
Black Cat
Ghost
Ghost + flip
Tombstone
Flying Witch


The smallest banner layer was inked with black ink before adhering the layers together.  Using a Martha Stewart punch, I created the top edge for each banner piece, cutting it to fit.  I love the drippy effect, don't you?


Using the Happy Hauntings Cartridge, I cut Halloween icons (without the layers) for each banner from black cardstock.  For the "O" I used the same ghost cut, but flipped the second one so they appear to be looking at each other.


The letters were cut from the Happy Hauntings cartridge at 2 1/2" from orange pattern paper which were then embossed with a Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder.  Black cardstock was used to create the shadow letters.

Once all the elements were adhered to each banner, I punched holes in each side of the banner and added brads.  In the two outer holes, I tied string so I could hang the banner.

Supplies:
Die cut: Cricut Expression
Cartridges: Happy Hauntings, Sports Mania
Cardstock: Bazzill
Pattern paper: K&Co.
Punch: Martha Stewart
Ink: Clearsnap
Embossing: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots EF


No comments:

Post a Comment