9/24/12

Kindness is never wasted

This week the design team members of  Globecraft Memories  are blog hopping with the Xyron  design team members.  Stop by these blogs every day this week and see the gorgeous creations the designers have been creating. 

Today, my post on the Globecraft Memories blog is a quick and easy card using awesome Globecraft Memories products in conjuction with Xyron adhesives.



Starting with black cardstock, I cut it to a 4 1/2" square to fit my 5" card base. I stamped the sentiment with embossing ink, added Mermaid Tears and then heat set. I love the shimmery look I was able to achieve.

Using a stamp from Heartfelt Creations, I colored it with Copic Markers, then die cut it with the coordinating die (love the added dies that were created for this set).  Before adhering it to the card, I added a light coat of Glastique which gave the rose a nice dimensional effect and since I used a light coat, it dried fairly quickly. I used Xyron adhesive to adhere the rose to the card. Xyron adhesive, while permanent, does allow you some time to reposition your items. I was able to move the rose several times until I was happy with it's final spot on the card.

To emphasize the sentiment, I scored 1/2" around the panel. Finally, I just wanted a hint of color around the card so I swiped embossing ink around the edges, added Mermaid Tears and heat set.  I then adhered the panel to the card front with a Xyron Glue Stick.

Thanks for stopping by today.






No comments:

Post a Comment