9/10/12

Flower Canvas

My latest post at Scrapbookpal showcases the Spellbinders Spiral Blossoms dies. I have never been a fan of quilling as I find the tiny quilled parts are too small for my fingers.  Hello to my newest addiction: Spellbinders Spiral Blossoms One die.  It's an awesome spiral die that creates wonderful flowers using my qulling tool.

I selected a canvas board that measures approximately 5" x 7" to display my flowers.  Since it is a flat board, it can be hung in even the smallest of places.  I started by sponging Ranger Antique Linen Ink on the canvas.  Using a circular motion, I brought the color into the canvas.  Then I added a hint of Ranger Wild Honey and Walnut Ink along the edges.



Using Spellbinders Spiral Blossom One die and assorted scraps of pattern paper, I created 8 flowers.  Using a quilling tool helps get the petals tightly wound.  A glue dot on the base of the flower holds the flower together - no other gluing is necessary.  Once I had the flowers finished, I placed them on my canvas, adhering them with Beacon Adhesive which provides a nice strong bond.  I left room for the sentiment in the lower right corner which I stamped with Ranger Walnut Ink.

This close up shows the details of the flowers and the inked canvas texture on the background.  Canvas is very forgiving and you can add as little, or as much, ink as you desire.



To make the flowers seem more realistic, I pushed the centers and gently folded the outer edges of each flower.  It's a little hard to see, but some Icicle Stickles add a hint of shimmer to the flower centers.

Once finished, I punched a hole in each corner of the canvas with a Crop-a-dile and tied ribbon through the holes.

Supplies:
Ink, Stickles: Ranger
Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities
Die cut Machine: Cuttlebug
Stamp: Hero Arts
Canvas Board
Scraps of pattern paper

No comments:

Post a Comment