8/29/12

Gelatos Snow Tag = FUN

My inner child has been freed!

I've discovered Faber Castell's fabulous Gelatos and let me tell you they are so much fun to work with!! If you haven't tried them yet, you are in for a treat because they are easy to use and you can blend the colors with your fingers or create a water colored effect using a paint brush and water.  Plus they come in tons of fabulous colors.







Using a shipping tag, I rubbed purples and blues randomly on the tag.


                   










Using my finger, I rubbed the colors into the tag.



 




















Then I spritzed the tag lightly with water and scribbled some silver on top.



I worked the colors in with my fingers.  Since I wanted a more even effect, I used a paintbrush and water to move the colors around the tag.  I love that the colors are opaque.  Your project does not get muddy when you continue to add colors.  At this point I dried my tag with a heat gun and then added more silver along the edges and gently worked the color from the edges into the tag.




Next, I used a Cuttlebug Snowflakes Embossing Folder on my tag.  Love it!


For a little more emphasis, I rubbed silver and gold lightly over the snow flakes and some blue along the edges of the tag.  I gently rubbed in the blue to highlight the edges.





A silver ribbon and some twine were added to finish off this tag.  I'm thinking this tag would look great on a gift bag, or even on a card.

If you want to release your inner child, pick up some Gelatos today and start playing.   I have so many different projects in mind and I can't wait to pick up more colors.

Supplies:
Tag:  Inkadinkadoo
Gelatos: Faber Castell
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug
Ribbon:  Martha Stewart
Twine:  The Twinery
 

No comments:

Post a Comment