10/14/11

Happy Halloween

I recently had the chance to work with some Crafters Workshop Stencils and I chose to work with the leaves and create a unique background for my card. I created a top fold card from purple cardstock using my Scor-Pal.

Taking a sheet of white cardstock, I placed the stencil and sprayed several colors of Smooch Spritz, allowing a few seconds of drying time between each color. Once I had the look I wanted, I removed the stencil. I cut my piece to size and inked the edges. I also stamped the sentiment and ghost in black ink and embossed each piece. The sentiment was cut to fit the card front and the ghost was cut out.



I then matted pattern paper for the card front, fitting the sentiment on top. I inserted the ghost behind the sentiment with foam adhesives allowing it to "pop" up.



I cut another piece of the background and added it to the interior of the card, stamped the sentiment and embossed it with black embossing powder.



Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Pattern paper: Imaginisce, Reminisce
Ink: Clearsnap, Stephanie Barnard Licorice, Colorbox Spooktacular
Embossing Powder: Clearsnap, Black
Stampes: The Stamps of Life
Smooch Sprays: Clearsnap - Log Cabin, Vanilla, Lemon Zest
Stencil: Crafters Companion

No comments:

Post a Comment