8/25/11

Celebrate

Sometimes less is more when creating a stunning card. Using my Scor-pal and Design Adhesives and Designer Foils from Clearsnap, I created a very quick and easy birthday card.



My card measures 5 1/2" x 5 1/2". I scored the cardstock in half to create the card, then scored at the 10", 10 1/4" and 10 1/2" marks to create the bottom border.


After folding the card in half, I spritzed the card front with Vanilla Smooch Spritz. It's very pretty, but unfortunately, it's a little hard to see how shimmery the background is. Then I lightly sanded the edges of the card.

The Design Adhesives are created in such a way that you can use the entire piece or cut it apart. I chose to cut out and use just one of the words.



Then using Designer Foils, I covered the word. I chose to work with a piece of Foil that I had already used because I wanted to show you that you can reuse the Foil if there are still areas that were not used before. You just need to keep moving the Foil and rubbing until your word is completely covered.



I also cut apart the Cupcake Design Adhesives and used one cupcake as the focal point of my card. I placed it on white cardstock, then covered it with Foil. I then adhered it to a Scalloped Nestability Square.

For the interior of the card, I cut white cardstock 5" x 5" and then scored 1/2" around, then inked the edges with Clearsnap's Honey Mixed Media Inx.

Using a Party Design Adhesive, I placed it in the upper left corner and then embossed it with Gold Embossing Powder. So you can see that the Design Adhesives work with Foils, Embossing Powders and even glitter. How fun is that!



To finish, I wrapped Cappuccino Twine around the center of the card, then added my elements with foam adhesives.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Core-dinations
Scoring Tool: Scor-pal
Ink: Clearsnap
Design Adhesives: Clearsnap
Designer Foils: Clearsnap
Twine: The Twinery

No comments:

Post a Comment