5/6/11

Fairy Dust

Clearsnap creates some amazing ink products from chalk ink to archival ink. Some of my favorite items are the Smooch inks - little bottles of paintable ink. I used lots of Smooch on this card.




The frame is a Spellbinders product which I cut and embossed with the Spellbinders Grand Caliber, their newest die cutter and I love it! The embossing is outstanding and provided me just what I needed for this card.

Once I cut and embossed the frame, I left the cardstock in the die and proceeded to ink it up with Ice Blue chalk ink . The best thing about Color Box ink is that it stays wet longer than many other inks.



I continued adding color until I had the shade of blue that I wanted, then I removed the die. Check out the really beautiful stencilled effect this method produced.



Since the ink was still wet, I added some clear embossing powder and heat set it. This added a little irridiscence to the ink and provided a nice raised effect, enhancing the blue color.



Next, I die cut the same frame from blue cardstock. This time, however, I left all the cut pieces on the cutting mat and proceeded to emboss all the pieces. What I now had was the background for my card as well as several other pieces for another card to be created in the future.



Using assorted colors of Smooch ink, I proceeded to "paint" my fairy. Since the brush tip is quite fine, it was easy to add color just where I wanted it. And the Smooch adds just a hint of glimmer and shine.



I wanted some touches of white cardstock to show through the Smooch, so I painted quickly and lightly. However, on the flower, I added several colors and several layers for a "puffy" effect.



In creating my card, I added black to my card base, then placed the blue embossed piece in place. I pop dotted the frame for some added dimension, then cut my stamped image slightly smaller to allow some of the black to show through. This really helps my image pop.



Before adhering my image, I used a dauber to add some of the Ice Blue chalk ink around my fairy. Since I inadvertently had some wet Smooch ink on my table, some of the colors mixed together with my blue and created a slightly marbled look to my background. I think it adds just the right touch of whimsy, don't you?



To complete my card I stamped the sentiment in black ink and matted in on light blue cardstock and added it to the card with pop dots. I then scattered some pearls about and tied a ribbon around the frame.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Ink: Clearsnap Iced Blue Chalk ink, Smooch Inks (many colors)
Stamps: Justrite Stampers
Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities
Pearls: Queen & Co.
Ribbon: Offray

No comments:

Post a Comment