4/8/11

My Core'dinations Creative Frenzy

I am so excited because Core'dinations is having a design team call. I love Core'dinations cardstock and just had to submit my work. Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I've been busy creating new project for this call, so here they are:

In my garden layout - this is my friend's granddaughter and she is just so much fun to scrap - so totally different than scrapping my 16 year old son!!!!!


Using my Cricut, I cut the gardening tools from Walk in My Garden. I used a punch to punch a border for the top of my layout and then machine stitched it in place.


Using my Cricut, I cut the flower from the Easter 2010 cartridge. I cut an additional layer which I embossed and sanded, then placed on top with pop dots.


The date was cut with my Cricut using the Plantin cartridge. Thickers were used for the title in assorted fonts.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Core'dinations Super Assortment, American Crafts (silver paper), Bazzill
Tools: Cricut Expression, Cuttlebug
Die cuts: Cricut Walk in My Carden, Easter 2010
Letters: American Crafts Thickers
Embossing folders: Cuttlebug
Ink: Ranger Distress ink
Punch: Kreaxions
Other: Machine stitching


4 Seasons Cards:
I love to create cards and love challenging myself to create a set of cards along a theme. These cards were created based upon Hero Arts Stamps for all Seasons.


SPRING
Using my Cricut Expression, I cut the images from Nate's ABCs several times. The boots and umbrella were embossed and lightly sanded. I then pieced everything together. I lightly sanded the water, giving it a "moving" effect.

I cut a green circle and stamped the Spring sentiment several times. Since I wanted Spring to stand out, I used a brown Tombow marker on the stamp. Once finished, I sewed this to the background sheet on which I used a Tim Holtz distresser along the edges. I then added the rest of the elements to complete the card.

SUMMER
Using my Cricut Expression, I cut the scalloped circle card from the Wild Card Cartridge in yellow. I then cut the layers twice in black and purple. I then embossed the purple, but first I put a layer of white ink on the embossing folder. This allowed the white to be impressed into the purple circle. Love it!


I tied a ribbon around the purple circle, then mounted this to the black circle, then added pop dots for a 3 dimensional effect. Hat pins were added to the ribbon. Summer was colored with a Tombow marker and stamped on yellow cardstock, then punched out. It was attached to the ribbon with a paper tagger.


FALL
Using my Cricut Expression, I cut the pumpkin card from the Wild Card Cartridge in brown and orange and the layers in green. I embossed the orange pumpkin with a Sizzix embossing folder and lightly inked the edges. The grass was added with pop dots. The Fall sentiment was stamped on the card very lightly to provide a little bit of dimension (I didn't want anything to overpower the card).


I stamped the sentiment on the same papers and layered it along the bottom of the card so it would not peak out onto the card.


WINTER
I embossed the blue cardstock with a snowflake Cuttlebug embossing folder. I tore the edges of the embossed piece and placed it on top of a darker blue. I ran a Ranger ink pad across the snowflakes. The snowman was cut with a Sizzix die and several colors were pieced together. Using white Ink, I stamped Winter on black cardstock and then embossed it till it appeared shiny. I cut this out with a Spellbinders Fancy Label die. I stamped snowflakes (MyStampBOX) to the centers of some of the embossed snowflakes. Silver Stickles were added after the card was completed.


Supplies:
Cardstock: Core'dinations, Black Magic, Super Assortment
Ink: Memento, Ranger
Ribbon: Offray
Hat pins: Close2 My Heart
Tools: Cricut Expression, Cuttlebug
Die cuts: Cricut Expression, Wild Card Cartridge and Nate's ABCs cartridge
Spellbinders, Nestabilities (Fancy Lables), Sizzix (snowman)
Embossing folders: Cuttlebug, Sizzix
Stamps: Hero Arts, MyStampBOX, Stampendous
Brads: Making Memories
Flowers: Prima, Bazzill
Paper Tagger: Around the Block
Other: Machine stitching

Mother's Day basket

My next project uses pattern paper in conjunction with Core'dinations cardstock. I just wanted to showcase how strong this cardstock is and how pretty it makes pattern paper appear when used together. I decided to make this for Mother's Day and added some favorite little candies.



I started with an 8" square and scored it at 2 1/2" around the paper. I cut down 4 edges and applied pattern paper. By folding in two edges you create the box. The handled was cut at 1 1/2" x 12" and pattern paper was added on top. The handle was stapled to the box and I added a Nestabilities scalloped circle on top to cover the staples. The stamp was then colored with Copic markers and added to the scalloped circle. The sentiment was stamped on white and matted with the raspberry then applied on top of the rose.



Supplies:
Cardstock: Core'dinations
Pattern paper: Wild Asparagus
Stamps: Gina K
Ink: Memento
Markers: Copics
Punch: EKSuccess

As you can see from my projects, Core'dinations cardstock can be used in so many different ways. I've cut it with my Cricut. I've inked it. I've stamped it. I've torn it. I've distressed it. I've sanded it. I've sewed it. I've punched it. I've die cut it. I've dry embossed it. I've heat embossed it. There is nothing you can't do with this cardstock.

I am excited to be submitting this application for the Core'dinations DT call. I would be thrilled to work with the team. Good luck to all who apply.

No comments:

Post a Comment